Life is an Adventure... A journey... I would like to invite you to come share this journey with me. The road may get rough at times, but God will always be there to help us back up when we fall. The important thing to remember is that we aren't on this journey alone... so come discover with me.... life.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Team Estes Adventure

What do you get when you put together 3 tents + 12 REI mummy sleeping bags + 1 "human can fit inside" icechest + 5 flashlights + 3 SUVs + 6 portable chairs + 24 hamburger patties + 2 puggie-pie makers + 6 marshmellow roaters + 12 ho-bo dinners + 1 large Sam's club thing of Hershey bars + 3 bags or marshmellows + 3 cans of bug spray + a few dozen mountain peaks \ 12 really excited college age young adults = one REALLY messed up equation..... OR one REALLY AMAZING camping trip! :) Yeah... it was totally that. No joke.
God seriously provided for us so much this weekend. From keeping us all safe as we ventured out on a "treturous" 9+ mile hike, providing shelter from the rain just when we needed it the most, giving us the last camping spot at the campground with a good view to boot, letting us take a mere glimps at some of His creation... the list could go on and on, but it wouldn't even begin to tell you how good God is.... and was to us this weekend.
The Rocky Mountains are beautiful... I guess I can see how some people might get the ol John Denver "Rocky Mountain high" or something like that. I really enjoyed getting to know 11 other fellow brothers and sisters in Christ a little deeper... it always helps when you all look like you haven't showered in a few days (wait... that actually was the truth... haha!) and have nothing to hide behind. I could go on and on about all of our amazing adventures... but I will just let some of these pics tell the story....

Setting up camp

Me by some falls- woah, don't fall in Jen!

I tried more experimental photography with my(actually my brothers) camera. Here I slowed the shutter speed way down to get the water as it flowed over the rocks. I was so excited that it didn't turn out all blurry-- especially since I don't have a tripod! woohoo!

Hi-ho-hi-ho.... it's off on a nine mile hike we go! The hike, I would have to say, was one of the best I've ever been on. Full of variety (well, all except the end when we all wanted to DIE because it was so boring and long) and a bit of adventure (climbing through snow, hiking along cliffs, jumping across snow run-off streams.. yeah, it was a rush!)


So there was this one part of the hike were we had to venture along a slight cliff in the snow... the path itself was only about a foot or so wide. It was at this point that a storm started rolling in too and we could hear thunder. All I can say is it was AMAZING! I felt like I was in some sort of adventure movie!

Ah... the majestic mountains...

The gangs all here.... errrrr or not! Well, at least SOME of us made it to the top.

Here is our entire group. We had a great time this weekend making memories most of us will never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home