Off on an adventure... again.
Woohoo! Another hike! What better way to enjoy God's creation.... it's times like these that I don't miss Indiana AT ALL!! haha! Today we hiked up the back side of Pikes Peak... to a place called the Crages... it was AMAZING! heehee, I guess I always say that, but it's like things just keep getting better. The world... God's coloring book... I never cease to be amazed at His creation. We went with one of our profs Roc. He is going to be teaching the marriage session of class along with his wife Bev. They are such a wonderful couple- Roc always takes time to really talk to you, and he even knows your name!Anyway, the hike was a good one. About 2 or 3 miles... it hailed a bit on the way up, but it only made it that more of an adventure. Once we got to the top it was SO windy! But the view was totally worth it. While we were up there, me and a friend Bethany (who is also a "graphics" gal) were doing some "experimental" photography, and you know me-- adventure girl-- I jumped off a rock trying to do an action shot and totally biffed the landing. Got a pretty nice cut on my knee. Hopefully I will get the pics from here soon, and then I will post them on here. It was SWEET! haha.
I praise you God for your creation....

My dear friends Beth and Lindsay-- they live in the apartment below us.

Back to the cave Batman!

cave up close... yeah... it was fun getting in there!

Roc and Me-- cheezin it

Anyone wanna guess how old this tree is?

Sometimes we spend so much time focusing on the journey, we forget to look up and enjoy the view around us.... such is true with life... and this has been a major thing I've learned so far this summer.... stop looking down at your feet... the beauty of life is all around you... God has created you for so much more...what are you missing out on?


1 Comments:
Yay -- thanks for cutting me out of that picture! You're the best, Jen...I love your blog, and especially your photos!
3:54 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home