Life is an Adventure... A journey... I would like to invite you to come share this journey with me. The road may get rough at times, but God will always be there to help us back up when we fall. The important thing to remember is that we aren't on this journey alone... so come discover with me.... life.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

At my "Whit's End"


So, this week they are having a "Pastor's family getaway" conference here at Focus. Two years ago my family had the privilage to attend this amazing 4 day conference, and I can say it was one of my favorite family vacations. The people at the conference just treated the familys like they were royalty-- the best food, entertainment, fun stuff for the kids, and awesome stuff for the parents.... and yeah, it was the first time I got to "sample" the Focus Institute. sweetness.

Anyway, they needed volunteers, so knowing what a great impact the conference had on me, I decided I would go for it. So tonight I spent two hours with 4-7 year olds just playing in Whit's End. it was GREAT :) I got to help hand out burlap sacks so the kids could go down the HUGE-moungeous slide that they have... and let me tell you, it was just so much fun talking to all the kids while they waited in line... asking them where they came from, if they drove or flew, was their trip long and agonizing, and what was the favorite thing about their day. I just love kids. They don't have any "real" problems.... just why is the sack so itchy, or when is their mom going to come pick them up. I look into their faces and see such hope....

O Lord... help me find my hope in you... give me faith like a little child....

Goodnight everybody... sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home