Roommates...

Me and my roommates: Melissa (from Cali), Me, Megan (from Cali) and Sarah (from Kentucky). Yeah, I KNOW we are hot!
Ok.. so today was different than most. We had class in the afternoon instead of the morning because Dr. Tacket had something to do this morning. Melissa and I STILL got up at the butt crack of dawn this morning though to go work out (I'm SOOO glad to have her to keep me going with that) and then we went to Panera to meet with another of our profs Dr. Leland. That was pretty sweet. I got a yummy bagel and it just made me HAPPY-- and some really good discussion with Leland and friends. I really need to find some people like this to “converse” and “grapple” with when I get home. Yeah… I have a lot of changes to make when I get home… need to write some stuff down so I don’t forget (that seems to be happening a lot lately—eek!)
So despite being really out of it in class today because I don’t think I got enough sleep, it was a really interesting discussion. We have been talking about the spheres of society—like church, state, family, labor, God & me, community—and just how they relate. We got into many really interesting conversations about church and state, political topics of right now—like homosexuality, and the lines we as Christians draw on serious topics. Anyway… I don’t really have time to go into a lot of detail right now, but it’s been really good. My mind is seriously getting a great workout.
I hope you all are having a good summer. Leave me a comment or something to let me know what you are up to!


3 Comments:
Jen,
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait till you're back to MI for we can hang out and catch up! I also can't wait to hear about everything your learning!
PS. Don't forget to leave me comments too! :P
8:35 PM
Jen,
I am praying for you every day! I am so glad you can have this experience while you are young and have your whole life ahead of you. The Lord has a wonderful plan for you and loves you infinitely. Enjoy His love today!
Love,
Mom
9:12 PM
Jen,
I'm here with mom (Gloria) and Anna at a second digital potluck. We are enjoying looking at your blog. (Fred has never seen one before)-- this is Anna typing. It sounds like you're learning a lot down there. I can't wait to hear more about what you have been thinking about. What you are grappling with.
Keep writing!
Mom says HI!
Anna and Fred and Gloria
6:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home