Life is an Adventure... A journey... I would like to invite you to come share this journey with me. The road may get rough at times, but God will always be there to help us back up when we fall. The important thing to remember is that we aren't on this journey alone... so come discover with me.... life.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Back in the Habit

Today the ladies of the Institute had a woman's retreat... at a CONVENT! haha. It was great. I even managed to see a nun! way too cute. Some people saw a monk, and said he was dressed in traditional "monkish" clothing. Drat... i was sad I missed it.

Anyway, the retreat... just what I needed right now. We talked a lot about relationships and many of the lies that we as woman buy into- like they aren't pretty enough, they aren't skinny enough, they aren't good enough.... we also talked about friendships, and how you can't just MAKE them happen... I know I really struggled with this over the past year since I've been home from college. Who knows, maybe it was partly due to the depression I was under, and the fact I felt like I was trying to stick myself out there--going to young adult things, getting involved in Five Pines, checking out different churches-- but nothing was really happening in the friend department, so I just sorta "gave up". I got tired of trying. Yeah, I KNOW friends weren't going to just "pop" out of nowhere, but sometimes you just get tired.... and don't really know what else to do. Now things feel different though. I think I'm finally coming out of my post-grad slump and am ready to make things happen (with God's help of course) I'm excited about some of the stuff I have planned when the summer is over with-- like looking for someone older to mentor me, meeting with my wonderful friend Jenn for accountability and possibly a bible study of some sort, and just really getting involved in my community-- and for me that means more than just church involvement(possibly working for something like the Hope Rescue Mission, or Crisis Pregnancy center). I got pretty burnt out with the whole serving thing there, and am realizing that I wasn't doing it all for the right reasons. (not just to glorify God)

Anyway... it was a great retreat. We got to spend an hour alone just for some time with God. I needed that. The grounds of the convent were so beautiful... and peaceful. I totally know why Jesus took so much time just to go get alone with his Father. In a world today where everything is just going a hundred miles a min, it's sooo important to find time to get away.

So-- question of the day... when was the last time you got away and just spend time with your creator?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home