A leap of faith
These pics were taken by a friend of mine last week when we took the hike to the Crages... I've always been one for a bit of adventure...Coming out here to Colorado for this summer was a bit like the picture... I was jumping out into the unknown, with no idea where I was going to fall. I still don't really know the answer to that, but I DO know that I sure am enjoying the plung- knowing that God will be there to catch me when I fall. Sometimes though, I get scared... and sometimes I like to stay in my little "comfort zone" because it is safe and warm. Sometimes I find myself often trusting more in ME sadly than my Savior. Oh this wretched human I am. Why can't I just let go??
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain
O lord- Please give me more faith. May I continue to trust in you and put you first always in my life. I know God that you know what is best for me, even when I can't "see" it. Keep my priorities in line with your word, and let me always hunger and thrist for You.
Sometimes in life.... you just gotta have a little faith in your Creator.... then.....1-2-3 jump!


3 Comments:
you are too cool, jen girl.
2:35 PM
Jen, I love that mid air picture!!!
8:43 PM
You said it, friend!!! Man, I've been really working through this same stuff, and you're right, the hardest thing is just completely letting GO (easier said than done for such control freaks as ourselves). But yeah, I love that quote by Mark Twain. Thanks for the encouragement! =)
8:39 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home