Life is an Adventure... A journey... I would like to invite you to come share this journey with me. The road may get rough at times, but God will always be there to help us back up when we fall. The important thing to remember is that we aren't on this journey alone... so come discover with me.... life.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Eugene Sings

Today here at Focus we welcomed one of Odessy's finest musicians...Eugene! His "vocal manager" Will Ryan was there and it was totally a lot of laughs and fun. Radio characters so amaze me sometimes because often the people behind the voice look NOTHING like how you think they would, and so it's often a bit strange to look at them as they talk. My "solution" for this problem was to close my eyes and bingo--the weirdness was gone. It was so funny to look at the younger kids faces though because they just couldn't get it. "THAT'S not Eugene mommy!"
Anyway... the reason for this whole extravaganza was because Eugene just released a new album called "Eugene Sings". Supposedly on the show (my sister stephanie can attest to this) he just won some recording contract, so now you all can have the "pleasure" of listening to 17 "calliphonic cantabulations" some of which include:
  • "My Dog Has Fleas!"
  • "The Moonlight, a Tuba, and You"
  • "I'll Never Sneeze Again"
  • "The Only Thing Missing is You"
  • "Play Me a Ukulele Tune"
  • "A Very Short Song"
  • "Pulchra Nympha Tu!"
  • "O-D-Y-Double S-E-Y!"
Plus many other "inspiring" tunes! It is a lot of fun. I figure a vast majority of you listened to Adventures in Odessy when you were growing up, or still do, so I'm sure you are as interested to "see" Eugene as I was!

This is Will Ryan. Besides playing the voice of Eugene, he has also done such voices as Ducky on the Land Before Time, the voices of Tigger & Rabbit on the Disney Channel, and many more.

This is a pic of the stage where "Eugene" performed... unfortunaly we weren't allowed to take pics during the show. oh well. I was a good girl and followed the rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home