The Giant Question Mark
Tonight at Pierce Chapel we talked about confusion. Actually, the title of the message was "Confused as all get out" and it really spoke to me where I needed it. So... here are some points that really got to me.
- "Every Christian is either an imposter or a missionary" -Charles Spurgen
- In our lives we are desperately seeking a period in this sea of question marks.
- God is not surprised by the messes/drama in our lives. Sometimes we just DON'T get God... but God always gets us.
- And a really awesome quote from one of my favorite pastors Rob Bell:
"Questions bring freedom. Freedom doesn't have to be God, and I don't have to pretend that I have it all figured out. I can let God be God. Maybe that's what God is looking for- people who don't just sit there and mindlessly accept whatever comes their way."
ok... this post is a bit short, but before I scamper off... just want to share with you a "psalm" I wrote tonight... some of it is just from where I am in life right now... a lot of it is just thinking back to when me and Lindsey were coming down from that mountain last week..... I just let the words flow from that...
O Lord- sometimes I just don't know where my life is going.
Have I lost sight of the map?
My feet feel like they are slipping as I trek down the slippery slope of life.
Are you there?
When I am tired- thinking my feet cannot possibly trod another step-- you ARE there.
When I call out to you-- you give me the extra boost of strength I need.
When I feel like I am falling-- your hand will guide me, your hand will hold me fast.
I may not know the course, or even the final destination, but I know that when I follow you-- you will lead me home.
Have I lost sight of the map?
My feet feel like they are slipping as I trek down the slippery slope of life.
Are you there?
When I am tired- thinking my feet cannot possibly trod another step-- you ARE there.
When I call out to you-- you give me the extra boost of strength I need.
When I feel like I am falling-- your hand will guide me, your hand will hold me fast.
I may not know the course, or even the final destination, but I know that when I follow you-- you will lead me home.
Have a great night every body.
PS- A very happy birthday to my dear friend Ben :) May God really bless you in the coming year.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home