Life is an Adventure... A journey... I would like to invite you to come share this journey with me. The road may get rough at times, but God will always be there to help us back up when we fall. The important thing to remember is that we aren't on this journey alone... so come discover with me.... life.

Friday, June 10, 2005

New Beginnings

Wohoo! New site. Ok.. so I started a xanga with some of this stuff, but I wasn't really "gelling" with it, so I desided to try what my sisters are so into... thus, the BLOGGER! WAHAHAHA! ;-D Anyway... I'm gonna link from my xanga to here.... and I might "double post" but we'll see what happens.

Ok.. so... I've been in Colorado now for a week- wowzers... time flies when you are busy out of your MIND! haha. I had orientation the first two days of this week (Monday and Tuesday) and that consisted with lots of tours, rules, people talking... I felt at times like the teacher from Charlie Brown was talking... but it was alright. Then on wednesday we actually started our classes. Wow... I think my brain might just explode with all this knowledge I am consuming. Both in class, and what we have to read outside of class (and let me tell you it's A LOT!! about 140 pages a night) We've been talking a lot about what we believe... and why we believe.... and just what IS truth?? So many different people we come in contact with have so many varing beliefs it is important to know what WE believe.

Ok.. going to share with you some of the interesting quotes and things we've talked about. If you'd like to comment on any of them, please do!
  • "Many of us are running really hard in life- but many of us are running the WRONG race... what race are you running?"
  • God wants us to wrestle with Him, not just take Him for granted.
  • God IS or God ISN'T. And if God ISN'T then MAN becomes the measure of things.
  • The source of Truth = the Nature of God.
  • If you wait until you are fully prepaired to defend Christ you will NEVER do it! (or it will NEVER happen)
  • Every person alive puts faith in something.
Ok.. so those are just SOME of the things we've been talking about. (SOOOO much more, but I will share those with you later) So can you see why my head is BURSTING! haha. Everything has just been so real. I know a lot of these things in my head, but often I just don't apply them to my life or really grapple with them. I live so appathetically because it is just easier. It's time to stop... time to CHANGE... I don't want to be that person that is running the WRONG race....

So the question for today is what are we doing to impact our world. Are we as Francis Shaffer said "Letting the smoke of the culture creep in unaware and choke us to death" or are we actively fighting the fire? I think many of us, myself included have either given up, gotten lazy or just stopped caring. But that is NOT Christ! If we are going to call ourselves followers of Jesus we must strive daily to BE like Jesus. And that means getting off of our duffs, using our minds actively, and seeking to know God intimately. God wants/desires for you to know Him so imtimately that you will trust Him completely. How are you doing with this?
___________________________________________
Check out some of my pics below! coming soon... pics from yesterdays hike.... yeah.. it was intense... I still can hardly walk

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! I like your new site...glad ya have one either way! Thanks for sharing the picture of Castle ROCK!!! My friend Jen lives in Castle Rock..thought you might like to know. Well take care of you babe...LOVE YOU!!

1:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home